Friday, April 29, 2011

Gen. Chea Dara, Cambodian Deputy Commander-in-Chief, and other military commanders visiting Ta Krabey and Ta Moan Thom temple yesterday.
Fighting between Cambodian and Thai troops broke out again Thursday night, a few hours after a ceasefire agreement was reached during talks between Cambodian and Thai commanders earlier in the day.
DAP News quoted Cambodian military sources as saying that at 2:30 p.m last night, Thursday 28th April, Thai ground forces started to attack Cambodian positions at Ta Krabey and Ta Moan Thom temples. Small-arms fighting lasted until 4:40 a.m when Thai troops started shelling Cambodian positions with artillery rockets.
Kampuchea Thmey reported that at 1:55 a.m early this morning, Thai troops had started to shell Ta Moan Thom temple with artillery rockets and at 4:25 a.m they started shelling Ta Krabey temple as well as throwing hand grenades at Cambodian positions.
Koh Santepheap reported that during the negotiation between Cambodian Military Region Four commander Gen. Chea Morn and Thai Military Region Two commander Gen. Tawatchai Samutsakorn yesterday from 10:30 a.m to 12:15 in the afternoon at O'Smach border crossing, both sides had reached a six-point agreement.
1. Cease fighting immediately
2. No mobilisation of troops,, troops to stay where they are.
3. Encourage frontline commanders to meet to build up trust.
4. Leave border issues to border committees of both countries to resolve, the militaries from both sides should only resolve military issue without using force.
5. Facilitate the returns of displaced persons to their homes and build up trust for each other.
6. Re-open all border crossings.
As at 6:35 a.m this morning, DAP News quoted a Cambodian military commander as saying that the fighting had stopped. The Cambodian and Thai frontline commanders based at Ta Krabey temple are scheduled to meet later this morning to discuss the latest flares of fighting.
By Khmerization
Source: DAP News and Kampuchea Thmey


Translate This Page

    Unordered List